Vernee has begun to release the latest update to Android 7.0 Nougat for the Vernee Thor. Initially, the device was shipped with the pre-installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system, but the manufacturer promised to release an update for this device. True, you can now install the official android 7.1 nougat firmware manually, by following the instructions below.
Features and improvements:
Put the drain, the first impressions:
1) the battery is now well calibrated and improved
2) the touchpad/touchscreen now very responsive and fast
3) the smartphone overall performance has increased.
Official Stock Firmware For VERNEE THOR Only:
How to install the official Nougat stock Rom:
First, you will need to download the new firmware from the direct download links below.
SP FLASHTOOL firmware Android 7.0 Nougat (from 08/09/2017)
SP FLASHTOOL firmware Android 7.0 Nougat (as of 11/12/2017)
Cumulative updates of OTA (Permanent link):
last update (103 MB)
Cumulative updates for OTA (Permanent link)
1. You can download more OTA update yourself from the download link:
Direct Download Link (Gdrive). Place the archive zip file without unpacking it to the root of the internal storage
2. Go to Settings – About phone – Wireless update. In the upper right corner, click and select the local update option
3. Select the internal storage and start the update installation.
How To Flash Firmware with Sp-Flashtool:
- Run sp Flash Tools as administrator
- Select scatter loading
- Then choose ANDROID_SCATTER.txt
- Click on Download or Upgrade firmware according to your phone state.
NOTE: You will have to choose DOWNLOAD only if your device is brick and you want to unbrick it. otherwise you can just select FIRMWARE UPGRADE.
- Connect your phone switched off to your pc
- The progress bar should start running
- You will then see a success message with (a green circle with ok).
- Disconnect the phone.
- Do a Factory Reset in recovery mode to prevent errors.
- For more information check out this post Here